Job Site Safety
We may be in the midst of spooky season, but protecting a job site doesn’t have to be scary. To help keep your clients protected, consider the following safety tips:
- Make sure your contractors have identified and inventoried their property.
- Most experts recommend that construction equipment should be marked in at least two obvious and in one hidden location.
- Contractors should encourage their employees to mark their own tools as well.
- Maintaining control over the use of keys is also important. Know who can access keys and remove keys from equipment when the equipment is not in use.
- Secure tools and equipment when they are not in use and maintain a means of checking supplies in and out.
- If possible, fence the job site to make access control easier.
- Lighting can also be a deterrent to theft and vandalism, particularly for casual or impulse offenders. Lighting should be focused on office trailers, equipment storage areas and materials.
For more ideas and safety tips, visit Great American’s extensive Loss Control Safety Hub.