Tools for Success
One of the great capabilities of our online system is the ability to endorse for many different reasons. A common endorsement is amending the Mailing/Billing address of the insured. Below is how to properly endorse for a mailing/billing address change in the system so that a proper endorsement generates for this change. These directions also apply to changing or amending the Named Insured.
To amend a mailing/billing address of the insured:
- Go to the latest transaction on the inforce policy.
- Under the Actions widget on the left hand side of the screen, select ‘Endorse’. A new screen will appear where you can select your type of endorsement.
- Select ‘Named Insured – Amend Mailing Address’.
- Click ‘Next’ at the bottom right of the page until you get to the Additional Interests page.
- On this screen, select ‘Yes’ next to Named Insured. The page will update to look like the screen above.
- Select ‘Add’.
- A new screen will appear (see below).Select ‘This endorsement AMENDS the Named Insured as originally issued’.
- In the ‘Name’ field, enter the insured/policy name the same since that is not changing. Enter the new address as the fields indicate.
- Click ‘Save & Close’.
- Under the Insured widget on the right hand side of the screen. Select the named insured/policy name and the screen below will appear.
- Change the address in the appropriate fields to the new address you just added.
- Click ‘Save & Close’ the screen.
- Click ‘Next’ until the ‘Quoted’ status appears on the upper right hand side of the screen, or under the Actions widget. The ‘Submit to Issue’ button will appear.
Note: This type of endorsement should generate a $0.00 premium. If it is charging or returning premium please reach out to your underwriter before issuance.