1099 Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a 1099-R?
- A 1099-R is an IRS form used to report income from a retirement account, like an annuity.
- When is a 1099-R issued?
- You will receive a 1099-R if you took a taxable distribution from your annuity in 2020. For non-qualified annuities, a distribution is not reportable if only principal is withdrawn.
- When will I receive my 1099-R?
- If a 1099-R tax document is available for your contract, you can access it beginning January 18, 2021.
- How do I access my 1099-R?
- You can find 1099-R tax documents by logging into GAIGannuities.com . Then go to “My Balances” and click “View Details.” Next, select “Tax Documents” on the left side of the screen.
Please remember, a 1099-R will only be available if you took a taxable distribution in 2020.