Responding to Agents’ Needs
Our agents are critical to our success. At Great American Property & Inland Marine Division, we value our agency relationships, and we listen to agents’ core concerns. When asked, agents often cite six key factors driving their decision to either choose or stay with a carrier. See how Property & Inland Marine continues to respond to these key factors:
- Agents consistently cite ease of doing business as their highest-priority item from a technology standpoint. We know digital experience is important because it saves you time. Time to quote or issue are two key factors in deciding whether to place business with a carrier. GREATpolicy® lets you quote, bind and issue Builders Risk, Motor Truck Cargo, Property and Contractors’ Equipment in a matter of minutes. GREATpolicy can be found on our Agent Portal. Here you will also find other tools that help you grow and manage your business. Access policy documents, account activity and billing information from anywhere.
- Underwriting experience & access. We know that it’s important for an agent to work closely with an experienced underwriter. Our mission is to enable our customers to prosper by being a leading provider of risk management solutions using Property & Inland Marine insurance products and services.
- Claims experience. When you need to make a claim, you want to work with experts who understand your loss and know what to do. That’s why our claims professionals specialize in the markets they serve and are ready to jump into action knowing each day costs clients valuable time and money.
We have a team of nearly 30 members with an average of 20 years industry experience, and 60 professional designations dedicated to property and inland marine coverage. In addition, we continue to develop easy-to-use tools, like Claims Hub, to facilitate this process. The portal gives you 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week access to review and manage claims.
- Superior products & product marketing support. Great American recognizes the importance of specialization. We are rated the top carrier for Builders’ Risk. Our Cornerstone Complete® policy includes many coverages that others don’t provide or only provide when specifically requested and endorsed to their policy. Our comprehensive builders risk product recognizes the changing and increasing exposures at construction projects. Agents are also able to access marketing materials conveniently from the Agent Portal.
- Value-added resources. Great American’s Loss Control Division launched the Plan & Protect safety hub to help you strengthen your risk management programs. Use the materials and resources on this site to help insureds mitigate risk. The hub includes checklists, training solutions, technical guides and webinar replays.
- Trust. Agents consistently cite carrier financial strength as a core concern. You want to place business with a carrier you can trust. At Great American, the numbers tell the story. This year we celebrate our 150th anniversary. We also standout in the industry. While there are over 3,000 P&C companies in the US, only 50 appear on the Ward’s 50 list for safety, consistency and performance. In addition, only 4 have been rated "A" (Excellent) or better by AM Best Company for over 110 years. Great American Insurance Company is one of only two carriers to appear on both lists.