Great Career Opportunities
You never know where a career in insurance will take you. Whether you’re looking for your first job or a company to grow your experience, you’ll find unlimited opportunities at Great American Insurance Group. Join our more than 7,000 employees and “Be Here. Be GREAT!”
of employees would recommend Great American as a good place to work.
of our employees understand how their job contributes to the Great American’s strategy and goals.
Search for Jobs
Be a part of a Company that values the importance of your work-life balance, community and family.
New to Insurance?
No matter your educational background, you’ll find early career opportunities and paid internships for recent graduates and undergraduate students. Get a great start to your professional growth with our industry-specific development programs.
Whether or not you've previously worked in insurance, we value your knowledge and experience. Join a company that values your life outside the office and provides you with opportunities to learn and grow.
Hear from our employees
Learn what surprised our employees about working in the insurance industry and why they choose to Be Here. Be Great!
As a Great American employee, you are our most important asset.
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion
We value the unique perspective each of our employees brings to the workplace. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce that fosters creativity and enables our ongoing success.
Your Voice Matters
We continually invite our employees to share their thoughts on how we live our Purpose, Vision and Values every day. Our most recent employee opinion survey indicates our employees appreciate the Company's commitment to living its mission and values.
Learn how our comprehensive benefits package can help you achieve your health and financial goals and be productive in all aspects of your life.
Our employees benefit from competitive and affordable health care plans, including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, including generous preventive care benefits;
- Prescription drug coverage in the medical plan;
- A health savings account with company match to help pay for expenses, now and in the future; and
- Flexible spending accounts that allow pre-tax payroll deductions to fund a wide range of qualifying expenses not covered by insurance.
Experience a competitive wellness program that outpaces most other employers’ programs at every turn! Our employees enjoy:
- A robust total wellness program to set personal fitness and nutrition goals, including an extensive library of educational material and opportunities to earn rewards and incentives;
- On-site fitness centers in our larger locations and reimbursement options for off-site fitness centers;
- A full suite of instructor-led fitness center classes at select locations, including yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, Zumba, spinning and more;
- The Employee Assistance Program provided at no cost. Employees and their family members have access to professional counseling services, financial and legal advice, and other helpful resources to help them thrive.
Get the flexibility and support you need when it matters the most. Our work/life benefits work for you and go far beyond our generous paid time off (PTO) incentive.
- 19+ days of PTO within first year of employment;
- Eight paid holidays per calendar year;
- Paid parental leave for our parents of newborns or newly adopted children;
- 1x your annual salary in company-provided term life Insurance with the option to purchase more; and
- Short and long-term disability benefits to continue providing income when you cannot work.
Enjoy financial and retirement benefits that help meet your short- and long-term financial goals. Add it all up, and it’s worth a lot to your retirement! We offer employees:
- Immediate eligibility to contribute to our 401(k) savings plan with pre-tax and Roth contributions, and a competitive company match;
- Opportunity for an annual discretionary retirement contribution based on company performance;
- Purchase of company stock at a generous discounted rate through payroll deduction; and
- Discounts on personal home and auto insurance, automobile purchases, computers, entertainment and more! Personal home and auto insurance can be conveniently purchased through payroll deduction.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy (or related condition), ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other factors that are prohibited by federal, state or local law.