When you need to make a claim, you want to work with experts who understand your loss and what to do. That’s why at Great American, our claims professionals specialize in the markets they serve.

Whether you insure a farm, a small business or a nonprofit organization, we'll pair you with claims professionals who have deep industry experience and understand your organization’s specific needs.

What Do I Need to Report a Claim?

To help make claim reporting fast and efficient, please be ready to share with us:

  • Your name
  • Your contact information (address, phone number and email)
  • Your connection to the claim (For example, are you the policyholder, the agent, an injured party or a witness?)
  • A Great American policy number (as available)
  • The type of loss—auto, property, workers comp, general liability
  • Details of what happened

Report a Claim

The best way to report a claim is to contact your insurance agent. He or she will help you with the claims process. If you'd like to contact us directly, please select one of our P&C operations below so we can get you into the right hands.


Additional Resources

Electronic Billing Information for Workers’ Compensation Claims

Medical providers can submit bills directly through our electronic billing system. For more information, contact Jopari Solutions at 866-269-0554 or support@jopari.com.

Not sure where to go?

If you're not sure how to proceed, our Call Center can help. Please call us at 844-424-4669 (844 GAIG NOW) during our regular business hours of 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Eastern.

Annuities & Life Insurance

Report a death claim for an annuity or life insurance policyholder

Report a Death Claim