Terms and Agreements
CERTIFICATION BY APPLICANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- I have read and fully understand the questions asked in this application. I certify that all of the answers I have given are true, accurate and complete. I understand that the omission and/or misrepresentation of any fact from or on this application or during any interview will result in immediate rejection of my application, or if I am hired, will be cause for immediate termination.
- Unless I noted otherwise, I authorize the Company to contact all my employment references, the education institutions I have attended and other resources that have information to authenticate the responses I made in this application. I hereby release the Company and all affiliated persons and entities, as well as any person or institution that provides the Company with any lawful information about me, from any and all liability resulting from any such lawful inquiry, investigation or communication.
- I understand and agree that nothing in this application shall constitute an offer, a contract or a guarantee of employment for a specific period of time. If hired, I understand that my employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without any notice at any time, at the will of the Company or me.
- I understand that the Company and all plan administrators shall have the maximum discretion permitted by law to administer, interpret, modify, discontinue, enhance or otherwise change all policies, procedures, benefits or other terms and conditions of employment.
- I understand that any hiring decision is contingent upon my successful completion of all of the Company’s lawful pre-employment checks, which may include a background check and drug test. I agree to execute any consent forms necessary for the Company to conduct its lawful pre-employment checks.
- The employment process may include skills testing for certain purposes.
- State Specific Information.
California Applicants: I understand the Company may obtain, without using the services of a third party investigative consumer reporting agency, public records pertaining to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics or mode of living during its evaluation of my application for employment and, if employed, during my employment.
Rhode Island Applicants: The Company is subject to Chapters 29-38 of Title 28 of the General Laws of Rhode Island, and is therefore covered by the state’s workers’ compensation law. Massachusetts Applicants: Note that it is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Maryland Applicants: Under Maryland law, an employer may not require or demand, as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment, that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not exceeding $100.
Consent to Conduct Electronic Transactions
Please read the terms of this consent disclosure carefully, as they constitute a binding agreement between you (“You”, “Your”) and American Financial Group, Inc. and/or any of its designated subsidiaries (“Company”, “Us”, “We”, or “Our”).
Consent to Conduct Transactions Electronically. By electronically submitting Your employment application or any related documents to Us (collectively, the “Information”), you are consenting to conduct Transactions with Us electronically. Your consent applies to any request, inquiry, communication, process, procedure, transaction, or any other interaction between You and Us (collectively, “Transactions”) that is directly or indirectly related to, or arises out of, Your: (i) prospective employment with Us; or (ii) if applicable, Your employment relationship with Us. By electronically submitting Information to Us, You acknowledge and agree that Your consent will remain effective until You elect to withdraw it.
Note that even if You consent to conduct Transactions electronically, We may choose, at Our sole discretion, to conduct Manual Transactions, in whole or in part, even though previous similar Transactions were conducted or could have been conducted electronically. If We choose to conduct Manual Transactions, We will use Your most current mailing address in Our files. We recommend You keep Us informed of any changes to Your mailing address.
Hardware and Software Requirements. You must have the following minimum system requirements to conduct Transactions electronically:
- an active e-mail address;
- software that permits you to receive and access Portable Document Format (PDF) files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader®, available for download at www.acrobat.adobe.com/Reader free of charge;
- a computer or other device that is capable of accessing the internet; and
- hardware or a storage device that can save documents or a printer from which you can print out documents.
If there is a change in the hardware or software requirements that creates a material risk that You will not be able to conduct or continue to conduct Transactions electronically, We will provide You with a statement of the revised hardware and software requirements, as well as the right to withdraw Your consent to conduct Transactions electronically.
Right to Withdraw Consent and Procedure for Withdrawal. You may withdraw Your consent to conduct Transactions electronically, at any time and without charge, by submitting a written request to Our contact information provided below. Withdrawal of Your consent will not affect the legal effectiveness, validity, and/or enforceability of Information provided to Us or Transactions conducted prior to the receipt and implementation of Your withdrawal of consent. Your withdrawal of consent will be effective within 30 days after We receive Your withdrawal request.
No Right to Employment. Note that neither these terms nor Your consent to conduct Transactions electronically create any right to employment with Us or impact, modify, or alter any terms of employment you may have with Us.
Our contact information: Great American Insurance Company
301 E. Fourth Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-4201
Attention: General Counsel