Each public entity has its own unique insurance and risk management needs. The benefit of working with a leader in public entity business is receiving services designed for those particular needs. Learn how we can support your public entity exposures.
One of the best services we can provide is working with our clients to help prevent a loss before it happens. That is why we offer these value-added benefits to our clients to help mitigate potential losses and avoid the pain, suffering and financial stresses a claim can cause.
Who we serve
Great American Public Sector is committed to providing customized insurance programs that meet the unique risk management needs of municipalities (local, county and state), education organizations, special service districts, housing authorities, or other entities designed to serve the general public.
Our specialists will tailor our insurance and reinsurance products to meet your specific needs. We are committed to long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. Our goal is to offer services and/or resources our clients identify as helpful in executing their mission.
Between 2000 and 2016, the FBI identified 220 active shooter incidents in the United States, which are defined as one or more shooters “actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and populated area.”
Great American provides the following in the public sector marketplace:
- Casualty coverages which include Professional Lines, Student Accident, Workers’ Compensation, Property and Cyber
- Insurance or reinsurance products
- Great American Insurance Company rated "A+" (Superior) by A.M. Best (affirmed September 11, 2019)
- Minimum self-insured retention of $100,000
- Individual risks with populations of 250,000 or less
- Allocated loss adjustment expense provided on an inside/inside or outside/outside basis
- Public Entity focused claims handling