Our single buyer policies allow you to select one buyer for coverage with either short-term or medium-term repayment terms. Buyer limits are locked-in for the policy period. Foreign or domestic buyers can be covered.
Who Should Apply?
Our target customer for single buyer products are companies looking to mitigate country risk exposures or larger buyer limit concentrations.
Coverage is available for companies that have at least $1 million buyer credit limit in insurable domestic or international sales. Our minimum premiums on all single buyer policies are $10,000.
Our two single buyer policy options are as follows:
Short Term Single Buyer Policy
- Buyer limits are non-cancelable* during the policy period
- Covers sales of all products and services with up to one year repayment terms
- Generally covers up to 12 months of shipments or billings
- Insured percentage is typically up to 90%
- Coverage can be structured excess of a deductible for a lower price
- Full premium generally payable at policy inception
- The waiting period to file a claim is generally 180 days from date of default
Medium Term Single Buyer Policy
- Buyer limits are non-cancelable during the policy period
- Covers sales of capital goods with one to five-year repayment terms
- Regular payment amortizations generally required during the payment term
- Down payment may or may not be required
- Insured percentage typically is up to 90%
- Premium is charged on the declining exposure balance and is usually payable in full at policy inception
- The waiting period to file a claim is generally 180 days from the date of default
- The buyer must be the end-user of the product. Dealers/Distributors are usually not eligible buyers
*Non-cancelable limits: subject to policy terms and conditions, after issuing the policy the insurer may not unilaterally reduce any country or buyer limits, except for non-payment of premiums.