FCIA's Key Accounts Policy offers comprehensive non-payment coverage on international and/or domestic sales made to your largest buyers during the policy period. The policy provides "locked-in" country and buyer credit limits. Coverage limits cannot be changed by FCIA during the policy period. No additional fees are charged for buyer limit underwriting. Usually, 80% of the annual estimated premium is paid at policy issuance and is non-refundable.
- Locked-in Country and Buyer Credit limits
- Low Policy Administration
- None or low deductibles
- Up to 90% Indemnity
Spread of Risk
The number of buyers in this Trade Credit Insurance Policy usually range from 2-20. All buyers are approved by FCIA and endorsed to the policy. Credit limits for additional buyers can be requested during the term of the policy. Eligible countries are endorsed to the policy. Eligible credit terms can be up to 180 days. Slightly longer credit terms are available for capital equipment.
Eligible Goods and Services
All goods and services are eligible for coverage including any that are partially or entirely produced abroad. Shipments may originate from the US or another country. This also includes insuring receivables arising from sales manufactured or invoiced by foreign subsidiaries.
For more details, please click on the Non-Cancelable Limits Multibuyer Credit Insurance Policy brochure.
An auto parts manufacturer with $75 MM in sales of which $25 MM are sales to Top Tier auto suppliers and vehicle manufacturers is looking for financing.
- 1) Concentration of risk on top customers
- 2) Bank only partially includes the top tier customers in the borrowing base.
- A Key Account Trade Credit Insurance Policy is implemented to cover top exposures.
- The financial institution agrees to provide full financing on top customers and provides higher advance rate.
- The insured obtains the cash needed for its working capital.