FCIA's Single Buyer Medium Term Lease Policies provide coverage to capital equipment lessors and financial institutions against loss on a capital lease with one lessee. Coverage is available on lessees worldwide, and in a variety of forms tailored to meet your specific needs.
- Non-cancelable limits during the policy period
- Covers lease of capital goods with one- to seven-year repayment terms
- Regular lease payment generally required during the payment term
- Insured percentage is typically up to 90%
- Premium is charged on the declining exposure balance and is usually payable in full at policy inception
- The waiting period to file claim is generally 180 days from date of default
- The lessee must be the end-user of the product
- Operating leases not eligible
Who Should Apply?
Our target customers are companies that have at least $1 million in insurable domestic or international lease obligations. Our minimum premium is $20,000 and payable at policy inception.