Our Single Buyer Medium Term Lease Policies provide coverage to capital equipment lessors and financial institutions against loss on a capital lease with one lessee. Coverage is available on lessees worldwide, and in a variety of forms tailored to meet your specific needs.
- Non-cancelable limits during the policy period
- Covers lease of capital goods with one to five-year repayment terms
- Regular lease payment generally required during the payment term
- Insured percentage is typically up to 90%
- Premium is charged on the declining exposure balance and is usually payable in full at policy inception
- The waiting period to file claim is generally 180 days from date of default
- The lessee must be the end-user of the product
- Operating leases not eligible
Who Should Apply?
Our target customers are companies that have at least $1 million buyer credit limit in insurable domestic or international lease obligations. Our minimum premium is $10,000 and payable at policy inception.
*Non-cancelable limits: subject to policy terms and conditions, after issuing the policy the insurer may not unilaterally reduce any country or buyer limits, except for non-payment of premiums.