The armored car industry moves many items in addition to cash and coin such as fine art, jewelry, gems, bullion, cell phones, computer chips, gift cards, lottery tickets, pharmaceuticals, securities and memorabilia. The increased theft of these items has required them to be transported in a more secure environment.
Great American’s Coverage Enhancements include:
- Containers of Covered Property – Loss of/damage to a locked safe, vault, cash box, etc., caused by an actual or attempted theft.
- Premises Damage – Damage to the premises or exterior resulting from an actual or attempted theft.
- $10,000 Pollution Clean-Up – May be paid to extract pollutants if a vehicle spills gas, oil, etc., as a result of an actual or attempted theft. The customer has up to 90 days after the expiration of the policy period to report a loss.
- Loss sustained during a prior policy period – If the customer sustains a loss that would be covered under a previous policy, except that the time to collect under the old policy has expired, we will provide coverage for that loss, provided it would be a covered loss under the customer’s current policy.
- 120 days to file a Proof of Loss form – Most Armored Car policies only grant 60 days to file a Proof of Loss form.
- Inclusion of Temporary Employees – Temporary employees are included in the definition of "employee" under our policy.
- No standard warranties – Our standard policy form does not include warranties that would void coverage.