A Letter from the Divisional President: Mark Vuono
As we welcome 2019 and look forward to the possibilities that lie ahead, it is important to reflect on a stellar 2018 and highlight a handful of our achievements and successes.
Last year was a milestone year for Great American Environmental. Not only did we celebrated our 10th anniversary, but also accomplished another successful year of business. Some of my favorite highlights of this past year include:
- Participation in a variety of charitable events such as the Cradles to Crayons warehouse distribution project and the annual IICF Week of Giving events: Shoreline Cleanup and Restoration Project and Punch Line Trivia.
- Our various divisional teambuilding events throughout the year, including the most recent scavenger hunt at Longwood Gardens.
- Strengthening our relationships with key brokers and clients through memorable outings such as the Great American Ballpark baseball game, the NY Fishing Charter and the San Francisco Giants outing.
- Developing new relationships with brokers across the country and successfully writing new business accounts together.
- Our continued effort to recruit talented people to our growing team to better enable us to provide best-in-class service to our customers.
- Expanding our geographical reach with the opening of an office in Los Angeles and deepening our staff in our Exton, New York and Boston offices.
- Making strategic and intentional adjustments to our internal structure that best position us for future growth, while still maintaining the collaborative environment that differentiates us in the industry.
- Successful navigation of the challenging marketplace and ever-changing environmental regulatory landscape to provide our brokers with tailored coverage for their clients.
- Exceeding our overall budget and profitability goals.
Entering the New Year, our objectives for 2019 are focused on best serving you. As such, we will continue to strengthen and expand our business by attracting experienced, quality team members, as well as by working to achieve several key growth initiatives. Our commitment to invest in our division’s infrastructure is paramount to ensure that we offer best-in-class solutions and programs, which ultimately allow you to better manage your business and exceed the expectations of your clients.
We have accelerated technology enhancements, built on our already strong product offering, deepened our management team and modified processes for greater efficiency. We look forward to continuing to share new developments as we grow together – developments that will help you more effectively manage your business and serve your clients. Rest assured, through that growth we will never stray from the prudent risk management practices that you have come to know and make us one of the industry’s premier environmental insurance carriers.
As we start our 11th consecutive year of service – proud to be one of only a handful of carriers who have achieved this in the last decade – we fully recognize that our successes and achievements would not have been possible without the strong support that all of you have given to us over these past ten years.
Our team is stronger than ever, and I am confident we are well-positioned to continue to serve you and your clients for many years to come. You have my commitment that even as we grow, that will not change.
I extend my sincere wishes for a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all of you. We look forward to working with you in 2019!
Divisional President, Great American Environmental Division
Mark is Divisional President after holding the position of Chief Underwriting Officer since the start of Great American’s Environmental Division. Along with his extensive experience in the insurance field including business planning, product development, underwriting and training, his background also includes experience as an environmental specialist as well as a health & safety officer. He is based out of our Exton, PA office.