Our team is comprised of experienced captive experts, responsive to the needs of both you and your clients. All transactions are executed intelligently, and we offer the full suite of carrier services under a mindset that recognizes the significance of a risk-sharing relationship. We are open in our communications, transparent in our actions and do not issue dictates or mandates.
Familiar with the various intricacies of captive risk-sharing relationships, our captive servicing team provides:
- Activity Reporting via our Reinsurance Account Distribution (RAD) system
- Audit Confirmations
- Contract Administration Services
- Collateral Management
- Guidance on captive structure, captive management and domicile selection
- Performance Analysis
- Risk Transfer Analysis
We have relationships in most domiciles, both on and off shore, and will work with your captive management team to ensure all transactions are completed timely and accurately. Need us at a Board meeting? We are happy to participate. Have a question regarding risk-sharing in general? Don't hesitate to let us know!
At Great American, our strategy focuses on claim management techniques and services that will produce the best financial outcome while meeting or exceeding your service expectations. We are a diverse, passionate group of experts who value collaboration and open communication to get the job done right. By aligning our goals with yours, and taking the time to understand your business we strive to achieve a successful outcome for each and every claimant, each and every claim, each and every time.
As a department, we deliver:
- A Focus on "Appropriate Outcomes": Each and every claim occurs under unique circumstances and while losses can be similar, no two losses are exactly alike. That's why our claims professionals focus on claim management, not claim processing. We don't just want an appropriate outcome. We want the appropriate outcome for your claim.
- A Relationship-Oriented Claim Philosophy: Whether or not your insurance relationship with Great American involves risk-sharing, our goals and objectives are aligned with those of your business. We are mindful of how resources are expended and value collaborative interaction and open communication. Whereas many carriers will arbitrarily adjudicate claims, with us you have a voice in the process.
- Corporate Resources and Expertise: Often times it takes multiple resources to appropriately resolve a loss. Great American offers various services to assist in this process, such as: Special Investigative Unit (SIU), Claim Litigation Services, Corporate Claims Counsel Coverage Specialists, Management and Corporate Claim Oversight and cost-containment resources.
- Best Practice Execution: It is one thing to have "Best Practices" and another to execute them! We are dedicated to paying what we owe, when we owe it - quickly. To ensure we are doing just that, we perform various internal reviews and audits of our service providers. We strive to ensure that our claims professionals carry appropriate caseloads and have the tools they require to do their jobs.
- Technical Expertise and Low Turnover: A bi-product of being a great place to work is low turnover. Our staff's average tenure is 10 years with Great American! We treat our employees with respect and provide them with the authority and latitude to make decisions. Great lengths are taken to make sure we retain and maintain talented individuals with the expertise to deliver appropriate outcomes. We have the best and brightest on our team, and we take care to ensure that claims are assigned to the professional with the right experience and expertise to manage the case. Our management team averages 25 years industry experience, while our claims technicians and administrative staff averages 22 years. You won't find this level of quality in many places.
GAI Insurance Company, LTD
Alternative Markets offers our agents the option of access to our sponsored cell facility. GAI Insurance Company, LTD* offers a competitively priced turnkey product:
- Captive management and agreements prepared and ready when program launches
- Artex Risk Solutions is the appointed management firm and is responsible for all captive management services to support the sponsor and segregated cells
- Each cell is firewalled from all other assets and liabilities within GAI Insurance Company, LTD
- 953(d) election allows for a consolidated tax filing process by the sponsor and allocation for segregated cells
- Exclusive access to our agents and clients, no unbundled access to GAI Insurance Company, LTD
- GAI Insurance Company, LTD is optional. Each captive has the flexibility to select their own cell and management firm.
*GAI Insurance Company, LTD is an exempted Bermuda domiciled company with limited liability and is incorporated pursuant to the Bermuda Companies Act of 1981.
A key to an effective insurance program is risk management. We must work together with our client customers to mitigate risk and to prevent loss whenever possible. Additionally, when a loss occurs, we are challenged to find ways to control costs and correct unsafe actions and conditions.
Great American's corporate loss prevention & safety consultants are strategically located throughout the United States, carry an average tenure of more than 18 years and hold advanced degrees and certificates. We provide a wide range of risk management and loss prevention services including:
- Loss Prevention Data Guides
- Ergonomic Workbooks
- Return-To-Work Program Guide
- Training and Education Programs
- Regulatory Requirements
- Drug-Free Workplace
Additional safety information is available on the Great American Insurance Loss Prevention page.