A Note from Leadership – Kelsey Hill, Communications Director, Marketing and Development
Our Communications Team is proud to support the Division by providing timely, relevant and convenient marketing and communication resources as well as various training programs and opportunities for our underwriters and their brokers.
The Communications Department has kept busy this year as we continue to grow the team to support our underwriters and their brokers.
The articles in this edition of the Environmental Insider showcase how our team continues to expand our collection of of marketing and educational resources available. From chemical engineering to environmental compliance, sustainability and risk management, we capitalize on our team’s varied experience and expertise to provide our brokers with the highest quality marketing tools.
Some of our broker-favorite resources featured in this edition include:
- Our video series which illustrates how obtaining a policy from Great American can halt environmental protection concerns by providing a clear, consistent, and competitive solution. In this latest edition of the Environmental Insider, you will get the first look at our latest product video, Understanding Contracting Services Environmental Liability.
- Did you know in addition to our primary coverage for bodily injury, property damage, legal expenses and clean-up costs resulting from pollution conditions tied to contracting services and covered locations, we also offer a competitive lineup of built-in protection for contingent transportation and non-owned disposal sites (NODS)? You can read more about extra protection in the latest product feature of the Insider.
- Our Riskopolis Series uses an interactive, illustrative platform to provide examples of the variety of exposures, specific to your client’s operations, that may be financially threatening to businesses. You can view agriculture operations risks in this edition.
- We also have numerous marketing materials by both product and industry. For example, have you considered the environmental risks below that are inherent within golf courses’ operations? You can read more on the golf industry’s coverage as well as others. You can also listen to our Discover What We Cover Podcast to hear about the latest industry trends.
- Our Claims Scenarios Library illustrates the variety of environmental exposures that could just as easily have affected your customers. We hope these scenarios assist as you discuss your risk management strategy with clients. As a companion piece to our latest product video, check out the redevelopment risks that continue to dominate the insurance submission flow.
In addition to the marketing tools the team provides, we also assist with the hosting and participation of various events, conferences, and appreciation outings for the Division. Check out our latest events including:
- We recently exhibited the Southwest Fuel & Convenience Expo and FPMA Sunshine Expo to promote TankAssure®, our extremely user-friendly online quoting and binding program for your clients’ storage tank insurance needs – you can get your quote in minutes.
- EECMA is an association comprised of claim professionals that value ongoing education on newly emerging issues surrounding environmental, asbestos and other long-term exposure litigation that challenge the insurance industry. The organization’s virtual conference was one of the nation’s leading claims management conferences, focusing on emerging environmental risks and claims trends. You can learn more about the conference and the claims and litigation panel opportunities we had the pleasure to speak on.
- In addition to our national conference presence, we enjoy attending a variety of regional events as well. Most recently, we attended the Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast’s (BCONE) Trends in Brownfield Redevelopment event and IICF’s International Inclusion in Insurance Northeast Forum in New York.
- We love to host our brokers in their local cities as well. This year, we have already reconnected with brokers across the country for happy hours and home run hits in Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Houston and Chicago.
Not only have our marketing resources for brokers grown, but our learning and development resources have also expanded quite significantly. I encourage you to check out the latest addition to the Insider, our Training Corner, where each quarter we offer an educational webinar featuring information on our latest products, programs or tools for our brokers to gain knowledge on all Great American Environmental Division has to offer. You can watch the latest webinar offering, our Underground Storage Tank Training Series here!
Reconnecting to Recognize all the GREAT – Environmental Division’s Team Meeting
As an opportunity to celebrate all the great we have achieved – especially through the many twists and turns wehave experienced these past few years – we recently hosted our largest team bonding event of the year at our Environmental Division Offsite Meeting. Bringing together members from our various office locations, the collaborative event served as both an informative meeting and team bonding experience, allowing us to:
- Reflect on milestone achievements
- Reconnect with familiar teammates and fresh faces
- Refocus on the goals and opportunities ahead
With a long-standing commitment to providing the support and service you deserve, it’s our priority to offer expert guidance, helpful marketing resources and training opportunities to assist you in best serving your clients. Tailored to fit the changing needs of today’s businesses, our expert underwriters can meet specific demands by crafting a manuscript policy that is tailored to the particular needs of an insured that the client may require of insurance to satisfy contract and coverage requirements.
Contact us today for any of your marketing or training needs.
Kelsey Hill, Communications Director
Great American Environmental Division
Kelsey Hill currently serves as the Communications Director for Great American’s Environmental Division. In her role, she is responsible for all marketing, business development and training initiatives as well as strategic business development objectives to ensure the Division’s unique culture and distinctive brand are demonstrated consistently, both internally and externally. Her team of professionals craft educational platforms, resources and trainings to showcase the Division’s unique culture and distinct environmental insurance products throughout the industry. A graduate of the University of Florida, Kelsey earned her Master of Science in business management and Bachelor of Science in public relations. Kelsey is based out of the Cincinnati, Ohio headquarters.