Unmatched Service and Direct Access
We give you direct access to the underwriters and claims professionals to provide a one-stop shop of policy and claims information.
To stay on top of industry trends, we emphasize continuing education and industry certification. Our employees hold designations such as Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, Certified Insurance Counselor, Senior Claims Law Associate and Associate in Claims. Our team holds more advanced degrees and designations than it has employees!
A key to an effective insurance program is risk management. To reduce loss potential, loss costs and control unsafe acts, we include loss prevention and risk management services with our clients’ policies.
One of the best services we can provide is working with our clients to prevent a loss before it happens. That’s why we offer these value-added benefits to our clients to help mitigate potential losses and avoid the pain, suffering and financial stresses a claim can cause.
Risk Management Services from an Industry Leader
Nonprofit organizations have many and varied risk issues. We have formed a relationship with the Nonprofit Risk Management Center to create a dynamic risk management solution tailored to nonprofit organizations.
- Co-branded websites - these sites contain tools, templates and sample language to help nonprofits build effective risk management plans and policies, and conduct self-directed risk assessments.
- RISK HELP - a hotline for risk management advice.
- Training Discounts - nonprofit organizations can take advantage of discounts for custom on-site training, Risk Summits, conferences or publications.
- Webinar Vault - a site that provides education on more than 120 nonprofit risk management topics.
- Articles and data guides - gain additional expertise from information published by the Center, SHS and other leading risk-management sources.
The Center has advised local, national and international nonprofit organizations for more than 25 years. They provide counsel and resource on issues such as employment practices, governance, fraud prevention, client safety and legal risk. SHS has worked with the Center for many years, and we’re proud to further our relationship with this new program.
For additional information, please contact a Marketing Specialist.
SafetyFirst Driver Monitoring
The SafetyFirst program identifies employees who are taking risks while driving.
Human and social service organizations have many driving risks. You want to know that your drivers are following proper safety protocols.
The SafetyFirst program identifies employees who are taking risks while driving, and focuses management attention on those few drivers who need the most help.
This program will help you better manage your fleet, reduce the frequency and total cost of accidents and help to maintain affordable insurance costs.
Many studies show the value of the program to all types of fleets. In most cases losses go down by 20%-40%, with some fleets documenting even more dramatic results.
Put the SafetyFirst advantage to work for your team:
- Fewer accidents equals more profits
- Save driver’s lives
- Reduce turnover
- Save on insurance costs
- Improve your public image
- Promote Safety
A One-Touch Solution to Report Inappropriate Conduct
Bullying is likely one of the largest risk management issues your clients face. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, nearly 71% of K-12 students have either seen or experienced bullying in their schools.
To help your clients manage this risk, Great American’s Specialty Human Services is proud to work with STOPit. Visit this site to get started with a mobile platform that empowers students to anonymously report, prevent and provide follow-up information about bullying and other inappropriate conduct. Through our strategic collaboration, we’re introducing STOPit to your clients at no additional cost.
STOPit is a simple, fast and powerful solution to:
- Report inappropriate conduct both online and off;
- Deter unethical or illegal activity; and
- Mitigate financial and reputational risks to schools.
When you are recruiting employees, you want as much information as possible to make smart hiring decisions. IntelliCorp’s criminal history database provides customers with critical information while maintaining privacy.
This criminal background check package is available to Specialty Human Services policyholders at 35% off the standard retail price. IntelliCorp will also waive all monthly fees and activation fees.
The IntelliCorp package includes:
- Validated Criminal Database
- Validated Nationwide Sex Offender
- Validated Department of Corrections
- Unlimited Single County Searches (7 year address history)*
- SSN Verification w/Address History
- Government Sanctions (Terrorist Search)
To get this discounted rate, visit IntelliCorp’s website. Once you complete IntelliCorp’s registration form, someone from IntelliCorp will contact you to complete the process. You will need to have your policy number available when they contact you.
*Some courts charge a mandatory fee. This fee is treated as a pass-through fee to Intellicorp's clients and are clearly highlighted before processing the search.
First-time user? Register here
Current user? Log in here
Need support? Contact IntelliCorp here
Policyholder Benefits with Great American Insurance eRiskHub
Great American is pleased to provide your client access to the eRiskHub® portal, powered by NetDiligence®.
Respond and recover quickly with eRiskHub. eRiskHub provides tools and resources to help you and your client:
- Understand cyber related exposures
- Incorporate Cyber Risk Insurance into the client’s response plan
- Minimize the effects of a breach on your organization
Visit eRiskHub.com/greatamerican for more information!
Human and social service organizations need to adequately protect important assets while also controlling insurance costs. Our employed Loss Prevention Consultants work with clients to create and manage customized loss prevention and safety programs. They assist producers and clients with:
- Model safety plans and procedures
- Safety committee establishment
- Premises conditions, hazards and controls
- Abuse and molestation controls
- Drivers screening and driving training programs
- Property exposures, including sprinkler and detection systems
- Employee dishonesty and theft controls
- Safeguarding computer systems
- Building valuations
- Fire protection engineering
- Safety training sessions
Welcome to GreatAcademy – An online learning experience custom designed for your organization. Great American Specialty Human Services has curated a collection of courses specifically for nonprofit and social service organizations to help you and your staff improve safety, reduce losses and meet requirements for your organization.
- Your own unique URL – Your organization is setup with a custom GreatAcademy domain
- Customizable User Experience – Ability to incorporate your organization’s branding elements into your custom domain
- User self-registration option
- Unlimited users – Your staff and volunteers can access the system for the courses they need
- Unlimited groups – Create groups with set courses such as a New Hire group
- Unlimited courses – Add your own courses to your domain
- Create Instructor-led virtual or in-person trainings
- Certifications and Re-certification capabilities
- Robust technical support library and direct customer support through TalentLMS
- Scheduled reporting
- Premises Safety
- Abuse Prevention
- Driver Training
- Aquatics Training
- Organization Specific Training
- Supervisor Training
- General Safety
You work hard to meet the needs of your community and to protect your customers, employees and volunteers while fulfilling your mission. At Specialty Human Services, we try to make it easier for our policyholders to operate in a safer environment.
Improve Fundraising at Your Clients' Charity Events
How do you increase participation and donations for charitable events? Great American's Specialty Human Services has teamed up with American Hole 'n One (AHNO) to help! Whether you supports youth development, the disabled population, charter schools or one of many other charitable opportunities, you now have an additional value-added service, which can provide creative fundraising solutions. For more than 25 years, AHNO has provided state-of-the-art event marketing solutions for some of the biggest brands in America and continues to be the nation's largest "idea bank" for companies and charities.
Call AHNO Today
You work hard to protect your clients and employees. C-Bond systems can help take your measures one-step further with their glass strengthening and virus eliminating solutions.
C-BOND SECURE & BRS - Glass Safety Technology:
A spray-on non-toxic liquid makes ordinary glass more durable, flexible, and able to withstand daily wear and tear without cracking or chipping. When applied with film products can make glass windows and doors a critical barrier from criminal activity including delaying unwanted forced entry and even stopping bullets - potentially saving lives.
- C-BOND SECURE: A non-toxic spray-on liquid applies to glass and fills in the natural surface defects making the glass more durable and flexible. When applied with any film product, increases the film performance while helping to prevent criminal activity such as unwanted forced entry intrusion.
- C-BOND BRS (Bullet Resistant System): The only patented glass to film system proven to stop bullets validated to NIJ Level II ballistic standards. BRS retrofits easily to existing glass or installed for new construction. Protect your personnel and clients from active shooter threats - today!
C-BOND Environmental Healthier Environment Solutions:
C-BOND MB-10 and FN Nano are nanotechnology products that improve air and surface quality by killing bacteria and germs, eliminating particulates and viruses, and reduce carbon emission to help protect and create a healthier, safer environment.
- C-BOND MB-10 is an EPA N list registered surface disinfectant. A non-toxic tablet dissolves in water, sprays easily, dries quickly, and provides a non-irritating environmentally safe alternative to harsh chemicals. MB-10 comes in tablet form so inexpensive to ship and convenient to store. Dissolves quickly in water when you need it. One MB-10 Kit makes four gallons of virus stopping surface disinfectant. Stock up today.
- C-BOND FN Nano Coating: A paint-like coating that applies to ceilings, walls, and roofs using photocatalytic activation to clean particulates and organic matter from the air and help eliminate carbon emissions (with outdoor use) by utilizing natural or UV light sources. One gallon purifies 400 sq. ft.
For more information or to secure your preferred policyholder pricing, visit cbondsystems.com/gaig-group. You will need to have your policy number available to obtain a quote.
SecurityScorecard is a loss control tool to help customers improve their security posture. It’s a non-intrusive search on the internet for signals like open ports, malware infections and out-of-date software. This generates a score and identifies risk and opportunities for improvement. When your clients understand their risks, they can improve their security health and have a clear path to resolve any issues.
Here’s how to get your clients started:
- Your underwriter will provide you a summary report with each quote. Use it with your client to discuss the importance of security best practices and cyber risk insurance.
- A full report will be provided with each insurance binder. Encourage your client to share it with their IT department and to provide you with a contact to receive the electronic loss control welcome kit.
- Great American will then send you the policy and an electronic loss control welcome kit to share with your client. For all the great you do, we want to reinforce your role as a trusted advisor in their cyber risk protection efforts.
In the loss control welcome kit, your clients will receive a link to the SecurityScorecard portal as well as the following materials:
Contact your underwriter today for more information.
Visitu is a simple cloud-based visitor management solution that streamlines the visitor sign-in process. Track everyone who enters your campus and stop threats at the door.
The Visitu Visitor Management System replaces antiquated logbooks, ensuring accurate and up-to-date visitor records and increasing front desk efficiency. Visitors simply sign in on the iPad, and Visitu will take care of the rest — from badge printing and running offender checks, to alerting employees when their visitors arrive.
The Visitu platform allows you to:
- Quickly and easily sign visitors in/out.
- Run instant offender checks on every single visitor.
- Print visitor badges for easy identification.
- Create custom watch lists and discreetly notify key personnel.
- Collect digital signatures on legal documents at sign in.
- Meet compliance needs with accurate, up-to-date visitor records.
- Improve incident and lockdown response times with critical emergency alerts.
For more information or to request a demo or quote, contact Visitu