Specialty Human Services can help you protect your human and social service organizations from a variety of potential employment practices claims. Wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, misrepresentation and the failure to employ or promote employees are just some of the possible allegations. Additionally, members of these organizations are susceptible to lawsuits that allege a wide range of offenses, including: copyright and/or patent infringement, unfair credentialing, disciplinary, peer review, and failure to deliver services.
Specialty Human Services can provide executive protection and employment practices liability coverage through our Great American Executive Liability Division. This policy blends traditional nonprofit D&O with broad employment practices liability and extensive entity coverage to produce a state-of-the-art policy.
Coverage features of the Nonprofit ExecPro policy include:
- Duty to Defend - our coverage gives your organization the ability to choose its own defense counsel, an allowance not common to the industry as a whole.
- Defense Expenses - in addition to the limit of liability
- All past, present and future directors, officers, trustees and employees are covered – volunteers, staff members, executive board members, and committee members are named as insureds.
- Entity coverage - for the organization itself and non-profit subsidiaries is automatically included.
- Free 90-day discovery period
- Broad definition of claim
- Broad Employment Practices Liability (EPL)
- Shelters & Animal Related Organizations
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Food Banks and Community Food Services
- Community Services
- Family Services & Counseling Organizations
- Foundations and Grant Making Organizations
- Housing and Shelters
- Performing Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Gyms and Wellness Organizations
- Schools & Educational Services
- Youth Programs & Summer Camps