Your focus on training, rescuing and caring for animals is at the heart of your mission. You need to protect that mission, along with every other aspect of your operation, which may include your adopters, members, employees, volunteers or property.
Our coverages for zoos and other nonprofit animal organizations provide specific coverages to protect your unique exposures.
Why You Need Coverage: Claims Scenario
A zoo employee was transporting one of its smaller animals to an offsite event in the organization’s owned vehicle. The driver swerved and hit a guardrail after failing to recognize slowing traffic. The vehicle was disabled and towed away. The zoo was glad to count on Great American’s Signature Auto Broadening Endorsement, which provided up to $200 for the towing expenses that the zoo incurred that day.
Outstanding coverage for animal organizations, including:
- Wildlife Preservation
Our products and underwriting services are designed to meet the specific needs of animal sanctuaries and organizations. We also offer a variety of safety and loss prevention services, and a dedicated claims staff that focuses solely on claims for human and social service organizations.
Our extensive coverage will help protect you
When you purchase insurance, you want to make sure that you are protecting a wide range of exposures. Our extensive coverage will help protect you.
- An inclusive package policy offering General Liability, Professional Liability, Abuse or Molestation, Third-Party Crime, Inland Marine and Non-owned and Hired Auto.
- An Automatic Additional Insured endorsement that extends coverage to funding sources, managers or lessors of premises and contractual obligations
- Abuse or Molestation coverage that addresses sexual, physical and emotional abuse, as well as bullying.
- Professional Liability that includes coverage for veterinarians
- Special events are covered by General Liability.
- Owned Auto Liability and Physical Damage
- Accident & Health insurance that helps protect your volunteers and participants in activities sponsored by your organization.
- Directors' & Officers' and Employment Related Practices
- Umbrella coverage, which can include Abuse or Molestation and Professional liability
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Community Services
- Family Services & Counseling Organizations
- Food Banks and Community Food Services
- Foundations and Grant Making Organizations
- Gyms and Wellness Organizations
- Shelters and Sheltered Workshops
- Performing Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Schools & Educational Services
- Aquariums and Zoos
- Youth Programs & Summer Camps