Professionals are the heart of human and social service organizations. They provide services and advice that require specialized education, judgment and skill.
Great American’s Professional Liability Policy provides protection for a wide array of professionals including therapists, counselors, nurses, teachers, clergy and volunteer professionals.
Why Do You Need Professional Liability Coverage?
Rendering a Service
An employed nurse administered a prescribed medication to a client in the detox facility at the direction of a physician. The client fainted shortly after taking the medication and hit his head. Although the nurse followed procedure, the client later sued for his injuries. Great American’s Professional Liability Policy afforded protection for the investigation, defense, and monetary compensation awarded to the claimant.
Failure to Render a service
A client sustained a chronic shoulder injury after several training sessions. He sued his athletic trainer and the gym for neglecting to tell him how to do an exercise properly. After speaking with their designated claims staff, the gym felt protected by their Great American Professional Liability Policy, which included coverage for failure to instruct.
Our package policy contains three separate coverage parts and limits for:
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Abuse or Molestation
“Professional services” includes specialized:
Availability of limits to cover risk and loss exposure:
- Limits of up to $1 million for each act, error or omission
- $3 million in aggregate
- Umbrella limits (including Professional or Abuse or Molestation)
- Claim and legal expense are covered outside the professional limit of liability
We offer Professional Liability coverage to our nearly 200 classes of business, including:
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Community Services
- Family Services & Counseling Organizations
- Food Banks and Community Food Services
- Foundations and Grant Making Organizations
- Gyms and Wellness Organizations
- Housing and Shelters
- Performing Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Schools & Educational Services
- Shelters & Animal Related Organizations
- Youth Programs & Summer Camps