Your focus on the community and to your congregation are at the heart of your mission. You need to protect your mission, along with every other aspect of your operation. This may include clergy, church leaders, volunteers, youth groups or property.
Our Religious program offers specific coverages to organizations that are focused on the ministry and community service aspects that enrich our lives and lift our spirits.
Why You Need Coverage: Claims Scenarios
A church added a brand new 15-passenger van to its fleet but had not yet scheduled it to its insurance policy. While a church employee was driving the new van, the van slipped on an ice patch and hit a tree, causing damage to the bumper and headlight. The employee was relieved to find that the policy included Great American’s Signature Auto Endorsement, which affords physical damage coverage to newly acquired owned autos.
Employee Dishonesty coverage
A synagogue was collecting charitable funds for community aid. After an audit, the executive director discovered that money was missing. An investigation revealed that only one employee was responsible for collecting, verifying, totaling and depositing the funds. The suspected employee was questioned and admitted to theft of the funds. The synagogue was able to seek reimbursement, knowing that it had added crime coverage to its policy.
Outstanding coverage for religious organizations, including:
- Divinity schools
- Retreat houses
Great American Specialty Human Services understands the risks you face and we offer the coverages for religious groups who serve others and enable them to achieve their mission through our specialized program.
Our extensive coverage will help protect you
When you purchase insurance, you want to make sure that you are protecting a wide range of exposures. Highlights of our coverage include:
- An inclusive package policy offering Property, General Liability, Professional Liability, Abuse or Molestation, Third-Party Crime, Inland Marine and Non-owned and Hired Auto
- Building coverage extending to stained glass, murals, paintings, mosaics and bells affixed to the building
- Abuse or Molestation coverage that addresses sexual, physical and emotional abuse, as well as bullying
- Professional Liability that includes coverage for pastoral counseling and non-degreed professionals
- Church and clergy members as additional insureds
- Special events are covered by General Liability
- Medical payments for volunteers and church members
- Owned Auto Liability and Physical Damage, including coverage for donated vehicles in our Signature Auto Broadening Endorsement.
- Accident & Health, which helps protect your volunteers and participants in activities sponsored by your organization
- Directors & Officers and Employment Related Practices
- Shelters & Animal Related Organizations
- Churches and Religious Organizations
- Food Banks and Community Food Services
- Community Services
- Family Services & Counseling Organizations
- Foundations and Grant Making Organizations
- Housing and Shelters
- Performing Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Gyms and Wellness Organizations
- Schools & Educational Services
- Youth Programs & Summer Camps