Your focus on health in your community is at the heart of your mission. You need to protect that mission, along with every other aspect of your operation. This may include your members, employees, property and any clients or athletes you may train.
Our coverages for gyms and other health and fitness organizations are focused on the physical and mental practices that enrich our lives and lift our spirits.
Why You Need Coverage: Claims Scenarios
A client sustained a chronic shoulder injury to his right shoulder after several training sessions. He sued his athletic trainer and the gym for neglecting to tell him how to do an exercise properly. After speaking with their designated claims staff, the gym felt protected by their Great American Professional Liability policy, which included coverage for failure to instruct.
Equipment Breakdown coverage
A swim club sustained a power surge that caused electrical damage to equipment in the pool’s control room. The swim club had to close its doors for seven days to make repairs. Fortunately, the club had added Equipment Breakdown to their Specialty Human Services policy. Equipment Breakdown provided coverage for the damage caused by the power surge, loss of business income and the communication expense to announce their reopening.
Outstanding coverage for gyms and fitness organizations, including:
- Aerobic Centers
- Athletic/Health Clubs
- Country Clubs (excluding golf clubs)
- Dance Studios
- Pilates Studios
- Racquetball Clubs
- Recreation & Community Centers
- Swim Clubs
- Tai Chi Centers
- Tennis Clubs
- YMCAs/YWCAs, YMHAs/YWHAs
- Yoga Centers
Our products and underwriting services are designed to meet the specific needs of your Recreation or Sports organizations. We also offer a variety of safety and loss prevention services, and a dedicated claims staff that focuses solely on claims for human and social service organizations.Contact Our Team
Our extensive coverage will help protect you
When you purchase insurance, you want to make sure that you are protecting a wide range of exposures. Highlights of our coverage include:
- An inclusive package policy offering Property, General Liability, Professional Liability, Abuse or Molestation, Third-Party Crime, Inland Marine and Non-owned and Hired Auto
- Abuse or Molestation coverage that addresses sexual, physical and emotional abuse, as well as bullying
- Professional Liability that includes coverage for athletic trainers, physical therapists, massage therapists and non-degreed professionals
- Special events are covered by General Liability
- Owned Auto Liability and Physical Damage
- Cyber Risk, which includes cyber crisis management services from CyberScout
- Accident & Health, which helps protect your volunteers and participants in activities sponsored by your organization
- Directors & Officers and Employment Related Practices
- Umbrella coverage, which can include Abuse or Molestation and Professional Liability