Your focus on service to youth development is at the heart of your mission. You need to protect that mission, along with every other aspect of your operation. This may include your club members, employees, volunteers, property and the campers or athletes you may counsel.
Our Youth Recreation program offers specific coverages to the organizations focused on the early learning and social development aspects that enrich our lives and lift our spirits.
Why You Need Coverage: Claims Scenarios
Abuse or Molestation coverage
During a group activity, a counselor noticed that one eight-year-old boy was verbally assaulting another. The counselor took immediate action to separate the children and reported the incident in accordance with the organization’s abuse reporting policy. The verbally assaulted child’s parents later sued the organization and named the counselor for the mental distress their child experienced. The organization’s agent was well versed on Great American’s abuse coverage and felt confident in the policy’s ability to provide protection for any actual, threatened or alleged act. The agent knew the policy covered both employee-on-client abuse and client-on-client abuse, and addressed sexual, physical and emotional abuse.
Volunteer Medical Payments coverage
While painting the gym at a youth recreation center, a volunteer fell off a ladder and broke his wrist. Because the organization had medical payments coverage extending to volunteers, the volunteer received payment for his incurred medical bills without going through the difficult process of proving fault with the organization. This saved the organization steep costs in defense expenses.
Eligible organizations include:
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Youth Centers
- Youth Clubs
- Youth Sports
- Y Organizations
Great American's Specialty Human Services understands the risks you face and we offer the coverages for youth programs who serve others and enable them to achieve their mission through our specialized program.Contact Our Team
Our extensive coverage will help protect you
When you purchase insurance, you want to make sure that you are protecting a wide range of exposures. Highlights of our coverage include:
- An inclusive package policy offering Property, General Liability, Professional Liability, Abuse or Molestation, Third-Party Crime, Inland Marine and Non-owned and Hired Auto
- An Automatic Additional Insured endorsement that extends coverage to funding sources, managers or lessors of premises, contractual obligations and club members who are part of an organized club
- Abuse or Molestation coverage that addresses sexual, physical and emotional abuse, as well as bullying
- Professional Liability that includes coverage for a thletic trainers and non-degreed professionals
- Special eventswhich are covered by General Liability
- Medical payments for volunteers
- Owned Auto Liability and Physical Damage, including coverage for buses and 15-passenger vans.
- Cyber Liability
- Accident & Health, which helps protect your volunteers and participants in activities sponsored by your organization
- Directors & Officers and Employment Related Practices coverage
- Umbrella coverage, which can include Abuse or Molestation and Professional liability