Eradicating hunger and creating a sense of self-reliance and stability are at the heart of your food bank's mission. You need to protect that mission, along with every other aspect of your operation, which may include clients, members, employees, volunteers or property.
Great American’s Specialty Human Services understands the risks faced by food banks and food distribution organizations and insures the specialized needs of organizations like yours.
Why You Need Coverage: A Claims Scenario
Equipment Breakdown coverage
A car strikes the electrical pole adjacent to a food pantry. The resulting power surge damaged the electronics controlling the pantry’s refrigeration unit, which knocked out its cooling capacity. The perishable food spoiled and an employee discarded it. The pantry was glad it purchased an Equipment Breakdown policy through Great American, which covered the cost to repair the damaged control electronics and replaced the spoiled foods.*
A food bank added a brand new van to its fleet. On its first trip out, an employee slid off the road and hit a tree while making a delivery. Fortunately, the driver was unharmed, but the damage to the vehicle was extensive. The food bank’s Great American auto policy included collision coverage and paid for the damage caused by the accident.*
Outstanding coverage for food banks and food distribution organizations, including:
- Congregate Meals
- Food Banks
- Food Distribution
- Food Pantries
- Meal Delivery
- Nutrition Programs
- Soup Kitchens
- Nonprofit Culinary Training
For more than 40 years, we have protected those who improve your community. Our Food Distribution program offers specific coverages to organizations focused on enhancing quality of life and empowering individuals and families to achieve independence.Contact Our Team
Our extensive coverage will help protect you
When you purchase insurance, you want to make sure that you are protecting a wide range of exposures. Highlights of our coverage include:
- An inclusive package policy offering Property, General Liability, Professional Liability, Abuse or Molestation, Third-Party Crime, Inland Marine and Non-owned and Hired Auto.
- An Automatic Additional Insured endorsement that extends coverage to funding sources, managers or lessors of premises and contractual obligations
- Abuse or Molestation coverage that addresses sexual, physical and emotional abuse, including bullying
- Equipment breakdown coverage for your refrigeration systems, heating and air, electrical system and office equipment
- Special events coverage included under General Liability
- Owned Auto Liability and Physical Damage
- Cyber Risk, which includes cyber crisis management services from CyberScout
- Signature Property Broadening Endorsement that includes coverage for spoilage, employee theft and crisis communications expense
- Director's & Officer's and Employment Related Practices coverage
- Umbrella coverage, which can include Abuse or Molestation and Professional Liability
*Note: The claims scenarios are provided to illustrate possible exposures faced by your clients. The facts of any situation which may actually arise, and the terms, conditions, exclusions, and limitations in any policy in effect at that time, are unique. Thus, no representation is made that any specific insurance coverage applies to the above claims scenarios.